Most of the agents and advisors we train are amazed to find out that asking your clients the right sales questions, can make such a huge difference… Not only in making a sale… But also, in the size of the sale! Why? Because asking the right sales questions is how you find out what’s important to your clients. Which also helps you to provide your clients with the right solution to their problems. Plus, when you ask the right sales questions… Your clients will tell you exactly what you need to do to make the sale!
However, asking the right sales questions is only the first step to making a sale. The second step is learning how to LISTEN. So, you discover what your client really needs. And then most of all you discover what the client really WANTS!
Remember a successful sales call should be about 30% asking questions and talking and roughly 70% listening. To put it another way, you have two ears and one mouth. That means you should listen twice as much as you talk.
Why You Need to Be Asking the Right Sales Questions!
You need to be asking the right sales questions to gain and maintain control during the sales call. When you ask the right sales questions, you can lead your clients in the direction they need to go. So, you can help them to discover for themselves, the problems they are facing now and in the future.
Then by asking the right sales questions, and really listening you will find out what your client is most concerned about. When you know what your client is most concerned about solving… Then you can then provide the solution they are looking for. Which makes the sale almost automatic!
You Need to Be Asking the Right Sales Questions to…
- Help them to acknowledge the problem! When you state the problem in the form of a question and they agree, then you have an acknowledgment of the problem.
- Receive minor agreements. It is said that selling is the total of a series of yes’s, that lead to their final decision to take advantage of what you offer. Plus, those minor agreements will also help you to define their areas of real interest. By asking the right sales asking questions, you will find out why they will want what you have to offer.
- Arouse emotions. Remember, if you can’t get them excited about what you are offering, then they will not buy.
- Finally, overcome objections. We know that most objections are not real objections. They are just a defense to being sold. However, you need to ask the right sales questions to find any real objections that may be blocking the sale. Remember telling is not selling. You overcome objections by asking the right sales questions to allow the prospect to overcome their own objections.
Remember, no one likes to be sold! So, start asking the right sales questions, to help your clients to identify their problems! And then help them find their own solutions! You’ll set more appointments, while you’ll close more sales. And, in many cases, they’ll be much larger sales.
Jeremy has 23+ years of experience in the financial services industry as an Regional General Agent, Recruiter, Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, Coach and Mentor.Jeremy’s unique perspectives and back to basics approach, on how to truly help clients, have enabled scores of agents and advisors to reach the top levels of their profession.
Latest posts by Jeremy Nason, RFC (see all)
- Having More Insurance Prospects is Only Part of the Answer - February 25, 2019
- Asking the Right Sales Questions… The Key to the Insurance Sale! - October 22, 2018
- Most Sales Trainers Have it Wrong - July 19, 2018