Prospecting by phone can be hard—gatekeepers screening you out, decision-makers don’t want to talk to you, etc.—but it doesn’t have to be. I’m going to give you one proven sales technique to use that will allow you to overcome many of the sales objections you’re getting now.
In fact, if you just take a few days to memorize this scripted sales technique, and then use it on each and every call for a week, you’ll be amazed by how much easier prospecting (or cold calling) becomes.
Before I give you this sales prospecting technique, let me tell you how you’ll use it. This technique will help you overcome objections from:
- Decision makers
- Influencers, etc.
And, this technique will work with any of the following sales objections or sales stalls like:
- We wouldn’t be interested
- We already have a company that handles that
- We’re happy with who we’re using
- We aren’t doing anything until next quarter/year/never…
- We don’t take unsolicited calls
- I’ll have to check with my boss to see if we’re interested…
As you can see, the following proven sales technique will work on the most common, frustrating sales objections and sales blow offs you’re getting now.
One last thing before I give you this proven sales script: This sales technique is meant to allow you to get around the sales stalls and sales objections above. The last thing you want to do is try to overcome these stalls or objections. Instead, your goal is to get past this initial resistance and back into your qualifying.
OK, here it is: Whenever you get any of the above sales objections or sales stalls, you simply reply:
“That’s perfectly OK, and just know that I’m not trying to sell you anything today. Instead, I just want to provide you with a proven resource you might be able to use down the road should you find you ever need… (Pick from one of the following that best suits the objection you’re getting):
- This product or service, or
- A new vendor for different services, or
- To compare quotes and services with a different vendor, or
- See what else is available to you, or
- In case you do need to reach out to someone else for whatever reason…
(And I’m sure you can think of some of your own, right?)
And then get right into a qualifying question, like:
- “So let me ask you: how often do you use XYZ?” or
- “When was the last time you checked…” or
- “How many quotes do you normally get when you need…?”
- “How do you get involved in…?”
Again, I’m sure you can come up with other sales qualifying questions here. The point is to A) sidestep the sales objection using the technique above, and then B) engage your prospect by asking a qualifying question.
If you master this one technique, you will instantly avoid many of the sales objections and stalls you’re getting now. Having a proven response like this to handle the selling situations you get into, over and over again, is what will change your prospecting experience and allow you to speak with more qualified and potential sales leads.
And this is what will lead to more sales success. So, get to work: adapt the sales script and questions above to suit your selling situation and use it, master it, over the next week. And then watch your meaningful sales conversations and sales results soar.
Latest posts by Mike Brooks (see all)
- The Close is in the Follow-Up - August 8, 2018
- The Technique that Avoids Rejection - July 19, 2018
- A Proven Approach to Handle the “I’m Not Interested” Objection - June 4, 2018