Even if you did no traditional planning at all, it’s not too late to make 2016 your transformation year. I recently made a discovery that can help you transform your business from average to awesome starting right now. All you have to do is follow these five simple steps:
- Find your I.I.O.s. My good friend, life coach John Kanary says, achieving greatness requires taking great risks. I have heard many times the telltale comment of high payoff risks not taken. These are the high payoff activities (HPAs) that never get started, much less accomplished.
The telltale comment is the simple “If only I…(something)”. “If I only” tried that market. “If I only” upgraded my office. “If I only” hired that staff. “If I only” purchased that new equipment. “If I only” asked for more referrals. “If I only” asked for bigger premiums. “If I only” upgraded my market or marketing. You know… “If I only” did, said, bought, tried, called, saw, hired… something risky to me and potentially positive and productive. “If I only” always comes right before a high payoff risk you didn’t take.
Risk is the protective coating of any great achievement. Your I.I.O.s highlight those risks that will improve your results when you take them head on. Risking failure eliminates I.I.O.s. The price of success is the risk of self-esteem.
- Review your recent I.I.O.s and take action in highest payoff order. Appraise each of your I.I.O.s for their potential value to your business, had they been done – their highest payoff potential. Decide to take those risks on yourself that will make you better. Make them your new N.I.W.s… Your “Now I Wills”!
You may not want to take on a long list of huge risks but you surely can take on a short one. Or you can take on your IIOs in risk priority order and work your way down the list.
- Act “As If” you were the person without the I.I.O.s. There is no sense aspiring to be this new, more productive person without the I.I.O.s but continue to act like the less productive person you were with them. The person achieving the goals you want for your life truly has to BE different than the person who set them. You must act like a different person if you want to be better.
The answer is to “act as if”. Internalize your major N.I.W. (goal) and then decide how someone who did it all the time would act. Act “as if” with your prospects, clients, staff and family as you will when you eliminate your biggest I.I.O.s. Act it and your results will reflect it.
Latest posts by Jim Ruta (see all)
- Re-Energize Your Business in 5 Steps - January 21, 2016
- Why Life Polices Still Have to Be Sold - October 16, 2015
- 10 Steps to Professional High Performance in Insurance - June 29, 2015